Your search for Concealed Carry Classes or NRA basic pistol training ends here at Fort Saxtown, we are the best in the state and with classes starting on a weekly basis you don’t have to wait to start with your training. As a bonus to our students we offer the Illinois ccw and Florida ccw for one low price. Classes that we offer come in 8, 12 and 16 hour sessions depending on the course you choose.
ALL VETERANS RECEIVE A DISCOUNT. Group Discounts are also available. All Fort Saxtown students receive a discount on in stock items at our store.
We lay down some basic ground rules for all the classes that we offer, and no exceptions are made on any grounds whatsoever. Safety comes first and we practice what we preach. A gun is a powerful defensive weapon, but if not handled with caution, it can bring more harm than good your way.
Click here to see the requirements for Concealed Carry in Illinois.
Dress Code for The Range, No Exceptions:
- Long pants with belt loops and belt.
- No tank tops, muscle, sleeveless or low-cut shirts.
- Comfortable shoes or boots, no open footwear allowed.
- Safety glasses and hearing protection.
- A light jacket, coat, or shooting vest as weather permits.
Equipment required for your class:
- An ID card, FOID card and drivers license.
- A concealable gun like a semi-automatic or revolver handgun. .22lr, .380acp, 9mm, 40s&w, 38spl or 45acp. are acceptable.
- If you don’t have a gun we will provide a .22lr pistol or revolver.
- A speed loader or an extra magazine.
- At least 60 Rounds of the correct caliber ammunition for your gun. You will most likely not need them all.
- Safety glasses and ear muffs, ear plugs will not be allowed unless used with muffs.
- A handgun cleaning kit consisting of, 1-brass brush, 1-gun solvent, 1-gun oil, 1-brass rod with handle, 1-jag or patch holder and cotton patches for the correct caliber of your gun. You will also need a cotton rag. Field stripping and cleaning your firearm is required by Illinois as part of the curriculum. We are here to take you step by step through the process. If you have your owners manual please bring it with you.
- A range bag or pistol case for your firearm. You must still transport your firearms enclosed in a case and unloaded until you receive your permit.
- Please do not bring loaded firearms to class.
- Not all equipment is required. (we will discuss this in class)